GDPR Policy Statement
Monifieth Golf Links (hereafter abbreviated to MGL) is committed to protecting your personal data and handling it responsibly.
This policy covers the personal data that MGL collects whenever you interact with us, including when you join or visit MGL, when you use our websites and apps, when you attend events at MGL and when you correspond with us (such as by email or over the phone). It also covers personal data that we may receive from third parties.
The sections below explain in more detail:
- the types of personal data we collect from you
- the types of data we collect from 3rd parties
- why we process your personal data
- who we share your personal data with
- how long we retain your personal data
- your rights to withdraw your consent and to object (including direct marketing)
- your other personal data rights
- how to contact us and exercise your rights.
1. Personal data MGL collects from you
MGL collects personal data from your interactions with us, such as when you complete a form on our website, apply for membership using a paper form, comment on our social media pages or purchase a green fee from us online, participate in an event, or when you email or phone us.
The personal data we collect from you may include:
- your name, date of birth, home address and contact details that you provide when you become a member with us, or book a tee time with us
- your name, home address and contact details if you are the parent/guardian of a junior member (under 16 years of age)
- where appropriate your payment details
- your marketing preferences, for example weekly Links News and other emails including any consents you have given us
- your communications with us
- information about your attendance at events, such as open competitions and other matches.
2. Personal data MGL receives from third parties
Sometimes we receive personal data from third parties, in particular:
- When you make a tee booking via a 3rd party website e.g. Tee off Times, Golf Now
- CDH and related information from Club V1 when you play in an open competition.
3. Why MGL processes your personal data
This section explains the reasons why we process your personal data and our legal basis for doing so.
We process your personal data when necessary to pursue our legitimate interests in the following:
- monitoring, improving and protecting our products, content and services
- checking the credit or debit card details you provide (to process your payments and prevent fraudulent transactions)
- sending you some direct marketing, including by email and post
- responding to your comments or complaints
- inviting you to take part in market research and members surveys
- querying whether you have had an issue completing an online form
- preventing, investigating and/or reporting fraud, terrorism, misrepresentation, security incidents or crime
- using CCTV footage to: protect the security of our staff and to help detect and prevent unlawful activity
- managing legal claims, compliance, regulatory and investigative matters
You have a right to object to any processing that we undertake for our legitimate interests.
MGL processes your personal data when necessary for contractual reasons, such as
- processing, managing and renewing your membership of MGL
- processing and managing your visitors booking or competition entry at MGL.
MGL is legally required to process your personal data in cases where we need to:
- obtain parental consent to provide online services directly to children
- respond to certain requests by government or law enforcement authorities.
4. Who MGL shares personal data with
We will share your personal data with the following recipients:
- third party suppliers involved in selling tee times, identity checking, payment processing and credit and debt management
- government authorities or law enforcement officials, to assist with their official requests and comply with our legal obligations
- associated golf clubs whose members are also members of MGL i.e. Broughty Golf Club, Grange Golf Club, Ladies Panmure Golf Club and Monifieth Golf Club
- for members – to cross-refer Club and Links records for accuracy and to determine entitlement to age-related fee discounts
- for visiting golfers – to collaborate with the Clubs to provide the additional facilities you may need such as meals and refreshments (the information will be limited to your name contact details and the size of your party).
- MGL does not give your data to commercial partners
Sharing or transferring personal data outside of the EEA
The EEA includes all EU countries, as well as Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway.
MGL does not share or transfer data outside of the EEA. Any change in that position will result in this policy being revised.
5. How long MGL retains personal data
MGL retains personal data as follows:
- members – for as long as you remain a member your account remains active, and for a period of up to 3 years afterwards (in case you decide to reactivate your membership or have queries about it)
- visiting golfers – for three years following your last visit to Monifieth Golf Links. Where you have asked us not to send you direct marketing, we keep a record of that fact to ensure we respect your request in future
- we keep a record of CCTV security footage for 35 days, unless we need to hold this data for longer to resolve an issue or to meet a legal requirement
- we also retain information with the potential to give rise to legal disputes for 7 years.
6. Your rights to withdraw consent and to object (including to direct marketing)
Wherever we rely on your consent to process personal data, you always have a right to withdraw that consent. You also have the right to object to any use of your personal data for direct marketing purposes, as well as to processing that we undertake based on our legitimate interests.
7. Your other personal data rights
In addition to your rights to withdraw your consent and to object, you have the right to ask us:
- for access to information about your personal data or for a copy of your personal data
- to correct or delete your personal data
- to restrict(i.e. stop any active) processing of your personal data
- to provide you with certain personal data in astructured, machine readable format and to transmit that data to another organisation.
These rights may not always apply, for example if fulfilling your request would reveal personal data about another person, or if you ask us to delete information which we are required by law to keep or have a compelling legitimate interest in retaining. If this is the case then we’ll let you know when we respond to your request.
8. How to contact us and exercise your rights
To withdraw consent, to object or to exercise any of the other rights mentioned above you should do so in writing. You contact us at the address below or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Medal Starters Box,
We will do our best to assist with any other queries you have about your personal data. You can contact the Managing Secretary at any time using either of the above options or by telephone +44 1382 535553. When you do so, please provide your full name, your preferred contact information, and a summary of your query.
If you have unresolved concerns, you also have the right to complain to an EU data protection authority where you live, work or where you believe a breach may have occurred. This is likely to be the Information Commissioner’s Office in the UK.
Monifieth Golf Links Ltd